
The sneak peek day arrived and the kids loaded into the car matter of factly. I could have said here that they clamoured excitedly or that they droned morosely but I intentionally didn't choose those extreme emotional descriptions here because it was, well, matter of fact. Sort of "OK, here we go".
The teachers were smiley and the classrooms shiny and new (who moves to be near a school that isn't even built yet, by the way? Maybe a topic for another time - risk loving has it's downsides). The older kids loved their rooms and wanted us to leave them for a bit.
When we went down the gleaming stairs toward the Kindergarten classrooms, our sweet sweet little boy who just turned 5 walked tentatively into classroom #001. As he passed over the threshold, the kind of teacher that should really be on the cover of "Kindergarten Weekly" rushed up and greeted him by name with a big snugly hug.
A hug! But - I thought this was public school and hugging was forbidden. Who the heck was it that told me that there would be no hugging and that Mussolini wrote the handbook for these schools? I made a mental note to seek out the arbiter of this clear untruth and set the record straight.
Loving these comments - keep it up Laura.
ReplyDelete